Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Ready for the weekend!!

I am back on my feet, and just in time for the weekend!  I didn't have my first two classes this morning, so I only had jazz band, Women in Literature, and my technique lesson!  YAY!

This morning was just a mess and a half though.  David and I slept in and then when we got up and about, we were scrambling to get things done, taking over for one task while the other began another.. toppling over one another in the bathroom (Oh for the days when our bathroom is large enough for both of us and the dogs!) and both not feeling completely 100%.  It was definitely interesting.

I left for class knowing our place was a complete mess of papers, books, beds, stuff.. cups.. you name it, it was all over the place.  School is definitely in full swing at our home.  And Tristen and Jared are coming in tonight to spend the weekend with us, so I was mortified to tell her to have her expectations low and apologizing for the appearance of our home.  I am a very neat and clean person.  I can't stand when things are out of place (because everything has a place) and when there are books, cups, papers, things all over the place.  I live in organization, not chaos.  And people tell me that will change when I have kids.  I want to laugh and ask if they know anything about me, or if they have had the pleasure of meeting my mother. I LOVE decorating and investing in the appearance of my home and even though there will be toys out and about someday and clothes/blankets all over the place, I'm like a Speed Cleaner!  And it will all be picked up every night before I go to bed. I'll blog about it and you can hold me accountable with it in a few years! ;)

SO!!! Tristen, as adorable as she is, asks if I need her to clean when she gets here!  No, Angel!  You are my guest, that's fine.. but thank you!  I go to class, get all that stuff taken care of and come home to..... a CLEAN and organized apartment thanks to my INCREDIBLE husband!!  I was so excited!  He did everything!  Organized and cleaned up the upstairs, made the guest bed with the new mattress cover, made our bed, put everything away, VACCUUMED!!!, took all the cups and dishes downstairs, cleaned the kitchen, picked up the living room, swept the floors, took out the trash and even went into work early!  WOW.

I was so excited I called him up, knowing he was working, just to leave a voicemail to let him know how very much I love him and how thankful I am for everything he did.  I'm blown away!!  So, now.. we both get to just enjoy the weekend and have fun with Tristen and Jared while they're here!  I'll post pictures later!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11