Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Tomorrow!!!

Well!  UPDATE!  I can now say that my Hubby is home and on American soil as he is almost done with his demobilization and in less than 24 hours, will be with me!!! YAY!!!!  I'm so excited, but and there is SO MUCH TO DO!!!  I did a lot today.. went to work first thing this morning (And I'm now done for the rest of the week!!), got our parking permits, went to do a check up at the doctor before school started, paid bills, GOT JIMMY JOHN'S FOR LUNCH, and then after lunch decided to take a nap!

Now, I need to kick it into high gear and clean, clean-clean, and do the laundry before tomorrow!  I want to be able to just get up, go get a mani/pedi, get ready, relax in the city with friends and family, and that be that!!  But, it all depends on what I can get done tonight!  I also made it a goal that by tomorrow morning, I will have everything done with for the next week so all I have to do is pack and spend some good, much needed time with my man!!

We're going on a trip to ________________???  I'll tell everyone all about it when we get back!  There's a lot to do this week, but my hope and prayer is that I not stress about everything and just relax and enjoy, especially as we go into school and start our routine back up!  My goals for this next year are pretty big, but  I have a quote from one of my youth girls that was pretty inspiring!


Dream and give yourself permission to envision a you that you choose to be..

Well I'm choosing to be a me that doesn't just sit back and let life pass me by!  I'm a hard worker and I will get the best grades I can possibly get by fully devoting myself to my studies.  I won't lower my standards and accept "help" from other students who just cruise through college.. no.  I will learn the material my own way and be the best teacher because of it. I will not involve myself in silly and petty drama.  If it doesn't involve me, there's a reason.  I want to just be happy with life and with where things are.. to enjoy this time, because when I'm done with college, then I REALLY have to grow up! ;)  I want to devote my time to being the best musician I can be.  Being a music major turns into a competition within your section, and that's just silly.  It's not about how well I do in comparison to others, it's about me doing the best FOR ME and the best that I can give.  I want to improve as a wife, to be there and support my husband in finances, responsibilities, and in everything.  I feel like every marriage is different, and it isn't for others to judge.  Our goal is to be equal partners in all that we do.  I don't want to stand behind my Hubby or in front of him.. I want to be right at his side holding his hand as we continue facing the blessings and challenges of this life!  I also want to take a Zumba class and a spin class during the year!  I think that would be OH SO MUCH FUN!!!  And I want to be more healthy.  Plus, I think the regular activity will help keep my level of stress down and keep my energy up!!  So, this next year is almost here.. and I can't believe the past one just zoomed by.  It was long and hard, but well worth the lessons God taught me.  So, I'll update on our Homecoming Ceremony and on our little getaway trip when we get home!!  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. MMMmmm... JIMMY JOHNS!

    I have 150% faith that you can achieve anything you put your mind to! Enjoy the homecoming and the next years you have ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're enjoying your time with your hubby. New follower and I look forward to reading about your trip and much more!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11