Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, SHUT THE BACK DOOR, SHUT THE GARAGE, SHUT THE WINDOWS BECAUSE OOOOH MYYY GOODNESS!!!!!

I am an extreme IKEA fan, OK? Love it!  Never been there, sadly, but that's ok. I will go someday and that's all that matters.  Anywho.. I'm on the search for the perfect stuff to decorate and organize my office, right? Yeah? Following me? OK!  My mission? This..


Only with the Shelves in a dark brown and with brown, khaki, plum, and purple storage boxes.  Now that you have seen my inspiration...  you can sympathize with me that I have searched COUNTLESS websites and stores to find the vision that is stuck in my head.  I am sadly one of those people that just CANNOT let something go once I've thought about it.  Well, I found my shelves that I'd like!!

Only problem is that the finish I like seems to be out EVERYWHERE!!!  Now, I could wait to get it or I could get the white or black brown and paint it the color I want (too much work, not enough time or space).  

So, now that I know what I'll be storing our books in, I can look for what to fill the cubicles with!!  

ENTER THE CONTAINER STORE!!!

How I never knew about this, I will never know.  But my mind was so over the top blown by everything!  I found all the things I have been imagining to fill these cubicles and it was just perfect!! OOH Dallas shopping trip needs to happen soon because this is just incredible!! So, yeah.  SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!  I now have to decide where I want to go with our office.  Right now, we're stuck because our office is shared with our guest bedroom.  So, I googled some images for home offices and literally cannot choose between the white and dark brown wood.. or a combination? HELP!!!








What to do.. what to do!  Obviously, I like that open and light feel to the office..  So, I guess I'll just need to chew on it a bit longer.  What do you all think?


2 comments:

  1. Check this out! I love this desk because it looks like a dresser, but is an awesome desk. I wanted this for the living room for when Jeff worked from home, but we just don't have the space for it. http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Oxford_Hidden_Desk/410/
    Also, check out the Martha Stewart Living Craft Space collection at www.homedecorators.com. Seriously wish I had the space and money to pull that off! Great organization tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Ikea!!! I grew up in Atlanta where they have a huge store, so literally every piece of furniture I owned in college came from there (and most is still in my house now lol). Totally understand about having an image in your head! So glad to see you found my blog - I am also 22 and we have been married a little over 8 months, and boy has it been a ride so far thanks to the military lol. So glad to meet you!! We are following back :)

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11