Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Monday, July 25, 2011

An Off Day

Today started off like any normal day!  I got up, got ready (Thank you Lord for the good hair day despite the much needed rain and humidity) and went to my job interview!  It went really well and we'll see what happens now, but I'm happy with how it went!  I came home and watched Beastly while eating lunch, I really like the movie, by the way!  The "Beast" is played by the same actor in I Am Number Four and I felt like the story was very well adapted! :)

After that.. everything just settled in.  My attitude shifted, for no reason whatsoever and I immediately just felt overwhelmed with everything going on and all that needs to be done!  I haven't had an off day or a stressful day really since before the Hubby came home on leave.  I did some zumba and that helped me physically, but I just couldn't control my emotions.  The Hubby was online and so we talked a little, but I mean, he's kind of busy working! ;)  Things just continued piling up and finally it was enough.  I will not go back to feeling this way. I don't like it and I don't want that lifestyle anymore.  So, I prayed and I did my Bible study!  Instant peace and faith!  I may not know exactly what's going to happen or have a scheduled routine set up right now, but I know that He is in control and that it's all going to get done and will all be fine.  What a comfort!  My friend Amanda said that God gives us challenges and rough patches so that we can appreciate the good.  I believe that, but I also think that God gives us the rough patches so that we continue to lean and depend  on Him in the good times and bad as we daily seek to be more in His image.  2 Corinthians 3:18 really just brought peace to me today through my devotional!  What a blessed Monday! I look forward to seeing what else He has in store for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11