Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Day Off

The other day I shared that at one point a few years ago, I saw that my life could go one of two ways. And for the record so that no one gets the wrong idea.. I am beyond happy and blessed with how my life is going and where my Hubby and I are.  Well, I woke up this morning and was reminded of where it could have been had God not intervened in David's and my life.  It was just a bitter tasting memory of where I was, and thankfully, where I am now.  Just a little hiccup.  That and I am starting to have stomach cramps and I think we all know what that means.  So, since I've been working all week, I decided it would be nice to have a day off, to just relax. 

I started off the day with a lovely conversation with my Hubby and since my brain wouldn't turn off until around 4 this morning and my body decided to be wide awake at 5:30, I decided a little nap would have been nice!  So, I got my sleep and then went and rented a few newer movies and grabbed some ingredients for dinner.  It's been a pretty good day/evening!  Got another free 44 at Sonic and had a nice catch-up convo with a good friend!  I've missed her!  Then I watched Just Go With It and Red Riding Hood while making Beef and Broccoli!  Perfection!  And a little strawberry ice cream was just the peak of a nice day off, just me and the pups!  What has everyone else been up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11