Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Busy Busy!!

The past few days have been Go! Go! Go! in my life!  And I'm alright with it, but at the same time, it's a little overwhelming!

Yesterday, I had my workout, practiced, did my Bible study.. all while dealing with NASTY cramps and an upset stomach!  And then, I got called in for a second interview.. second one in two days! I felt pretty good about it and should get an answer on things by Monday! So, *fingers crossed *

I clocked in my Skype hours yesterday, lemme tell ya!  I got to Skype with the Hubby, which is always nice!  So, he got to see what I wore to my interview and then I got to tell him all about it afterwards!  And then after he went to work, I got to Skype with a friend of mine, and we ended up videoing until 5 this morning!  It was crazy, but so much fun!!

So, I got up after having some decent sleep for the first night in a few nights, got around, did my workout, practiced some, I read an entire book this afternoon and then cleaned my apartment and started the never ending cycle of laundry!  I know it gets worse when you have kids, but I think it also gets worse in the summer time.  My Mama Carty says it perfectly.  I don't do well with heat.  I would rather be freezing cold with buckos of cardigans and sweaters and long sleeve shirts.. than be nice and warm with tanks and shorts.  Yuck!  I don't like riding with other people in the summer because some don't have an air conditioner in their cars.. how can you survive in this 108 degree weather?.. and some take FOREVER to start the car/ turn on the air conditioning and I'm just sitting there thinking.. "It's REALLY HOT!" My hair is also a VERY dark brown naturally and the second I step outside, it's like a furnace on my head.  All that to say, I don't like being hot and this Summer heat is killing me! And in my house, the upstairs is about 20 degrees hotter than the downstairs and with my workouts.. I change a lot.

So, yeah!  My little summer rant there! LOL!  OH!  My Mama Carty and Papa Jim (Mom's parents/my grandparents) called me tonight at around 11:00 PM... yeah! They just wanted to let me know they're coming into town to see me tomorrow.  They don't know what time, they'll just get here when they get here!  HAHAHA!! I LOVE my grandparents!! They are absolutely incredible and my inspiration for what I hope to be when I have kids and grandkids!! They have ALWAYS supported everything that David (since he's been a part of the family), my brother, sister, and I have done.  Mama Carty joins my Papa Jim in turning 75 on Friday.  I am baffled.  For me, (random weird fact) my parents and grandparents stopped aging 10 years ago.  So, my parents are stuck at 40, not 50 (which my Mom happens to love) and my Mama Carty and Papa Jim will forever be 65 in my eyes.   My cousins will also always be 5 and 10.. I just don't get it.  But that's how I am!  I think it's part of the knowledge that they're getting older.  I've been immensely blessed to have all my grandparents and known 4 of my 8 great grandparents (2 of which are still alive and working in the garden at 92 and 96) as well as my parents and all my other distant relatives.  I can count on one hand the number of family members that I have lost.  So, when I have to face the loss of a member of my family that has had such an impact on my life.. I just want to take advantage of every precious moment I have with them because I know so many don't get that opportunity!

So, tomorrow will be fun!  I'm looking forward to seeing them and showing off my new house to them! :)  It'll be a good time! Hope everyone has had a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I hate the summer heat too! This year has been so much worse! My air went out at my apartment and I thought the world might come to an end. It makes me respect our service men even more for getting deployed to a sandy beach with no beach where the sun doesn't ever seem to go down, and not to mention the full ABU/ACU attire! Such great service members to go through all that to protect and serve for our nation!

    Love your blog, excited about starting to follow it! Also, cute furbabies!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11