Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thankful!

Thank you Lord for family! And thank you for the individuals in my family!  Blessed is the only word that comes to mind when I consider our family.  Now, everyone has their issues, and when you come together, the issues sometimes pan out to others, but at the end of the day, we are a family and we love eachother!

Take, for instance, my sister!  I love Tristen with all of my heart!  But OH MY GOODNESS can we go at it!  Over the silliest things usually!  And sometimes we hurt one another's feelings and have to talk about it and hash it out.. other times, one of us just makes a joke and we move on as if she didn't just pop me with a hairbrush and I didn't shove her into the bathroom cabinet (Long time ago)!

Now, my Momma and I are completely different in how we handle things! Partially because we are almost exactly alike!  It's pretty scary sometimes.  But when WE fight,.. yuck! Usually it's over the phone and someone hangs up on the other and then we go a few days without talking. But then we're fine.  And it changes constantly! 

The way everything is handled is changed based on the individual you are coming in contact with, what they've been through and what you've been through, where you both are spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally in your life at that point.  It's different with every person.. even those you've lived with your entire life.  Take that, and add being married into a new family that is 4x the size of your own family! Good golly, it's different! But it's just like coming into your family again and relearning who everyone is, how everyone works together and individually!  I am immensely blessed with wonderful family on both sides and I thank God for their impact they all have on both the Hubby and I!  :) Just some stuff that's been on my mind.. I know it isn't groundbreaking or anything, but I thought I'd share! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11