Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Day to Ponder

Today has been quite gloomy with the weather and all the rain, thunder and lightning.. for those who don't know, I am not a fan of thunderstorms. I never have been. The earliest memory I have of storms is when I was three. My Dad was bringing me home from something, so we were in Betsy, his amazingly epic puke-y green pickup truck! It was so dark I couldn't see anything except when lightning brightened the sky. It was hailing and as we were pulling into our driveway, the sirens started going off. I was terrified and my Dad was wonderful and kept pointing out things to make the whole storm seem less scary. He'd say the thunder was God telling me how to pose and the lightning was Him taking a picture! (I was a little bit of a ham) He also told me that the hail was a result of the angels practicing golf and hitting all the golf balls at once. It helped.. and I think it's adorable, but I'm still afraid of storms. Haha! Taco and Belle are also afraid of them, and I think it's good practice. When I become a Mommy someday, I'm going to need to be calm and strong for my children, even in scary situations. Gosh I love my puppies! They are so absolutely precious!!

So, as the storms rolled in, I continued thinking about things. The main thing on my mind, of course, is the Hubby's R&R! I have been looking forward to this for almost 300 days. I'm a mix of emotions when it comes to R&R. Excited, anxious, nervous, stressed.. I'm excited to see Dave and to just be with him! I cannot wait to be reunited, if only for a little bit. I'm anxious about reuniting too. I want everything to be perfect and all set up and ready for him; for him to be able to do everything that he wants/needs to do over R&R. I'm nervous about meeting everyone's requirements. There are a lot of expectations while the Hubby is home and I just hope they all go over well.. And I'm stressed trying to get everything done, please all those around me, and still sort out everything personally. This time together will be good for us. It's complicated because this leave is about David and him getting to do all the things that he has wanted to do and not been able to do since he's been deployed. I understand that he's been without a lot and has sacrificed so much to serve our country. While he's been without almost every aspect of his day-to-day life, I've been without him. So, for R&R, I am solely focused on seeing him and spending time with him and doing things for him.. I see this time as a time for us to enjoy one another and be together..so it's difficult to try and handle both sides. Neither is wrong, they're both right, it's just complicated. And it's difficult to describe.. gosh! Just a few more days until we're with one another again. That's all that matters! I have a few more things to get done around the house, I get to go pick up my gorgeous dresses tomorrow (I'll post pictures later) and then head home for some good quality time with family as I await the arrival of my dear Hubby!! OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love you blog. I am posting a little something for you over at mommacan.com As soon as I get it finished I will send you a link.

    Bless you and yours,

    Pam

    We have quite a bit in common. oddly enough, it took me forever to find the right person for this award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you blog. I am posting a little something for you over at mommacan.com As soon as I get it finished I will send you a link.

    Bless you and yours,

    Pam

    We have quite a bit in common. oddly enough, it took me forever to find the right person for this award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.mommacan.com/2011/05/the-silent-salute/
    Here is the link.

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11