Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Just a few more hours...And this "Holiday" will be over!!

So, brief update: The past few weeks of my life have been psycho with thing after thing occurring... OMG! We've had ridiculous weather with the snow, I fell last week and knocked my head on the concrete step outside my apartment giving myself a concussion, I woke up from a nap a few days later to 3 inches of icy cold water covering half my living room and dining room and my entire kitchen and utility room.. so I've been staying with some friends since Thursday while my apartment is under maintenance. Gah!
Valentine's Day is finally here and over the past few weeks as it's creeped up, I've been fine! I've actually been excited... until today. I didn't think it would be this big of a deal, not having the Hubby here.. not even celebrating it at all. But, as those of you who are without your significant others must know, it is rough seeing all the love and stuff all over Facebook and all over everything. It's just depressing. I'm ready for today to be over though. There was even this obnoxious "friend" of mine on Facebook that posted her status as "...seeing all you SINGLE LONELY people WHINE on facebook about tomorrow being VALENTINE'S DAY just makes me want to obnoxiously BRAG about having the MOST AWESOME BOYFRIEND/VALENTINE EVER!!!" .. Seriously, I wanted to vomit and then tell her exactly what I felt about her mushy love being plastered all over the internet.. but I didn't. Things will be fine when he comes home, but until then, today is just a slap in the face of the reality we deal with everyday! Blah!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Your "friend" sounds like a jerk! Hope you're having an ok day anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I love your blog! Follow mine?
    http://hollysanduskyy.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11