Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, January 21, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In and More

So, technically it's after Friday... but WHO CARES!!! I'm going to do my MilSpouse Friday Fill-In Darnit! ;) So, here goes! Head over to Wife of a Sailor to participate!

1. What do you usually want to know about someone when meeting them for the first time?
Well, their name is usually a good starting point, but I also want to know where they live, what they do for a living.. just fun and basic information! :)

2. Would you rather know everything about your spouse, or be regularly surprised?
I like knowing the things that matter, but it's nice to learn new things about him! He definitely keeps me on my toes!

3. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live?
Hmmm, I really like Tulsa. I know it's lame, since I was born and raised there, but the majority of our friends and family are from the area and it would be nice to be close... PLUS, there are some pretty great band programs in the Tulsa area!

4. When you go out of town, what one material thing do you ALWAYS take?
My iPod. I have all sorts of different styles of songs and music on there and multiple Road Trip playlists to keep the trip entertaining!

5. Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself.
Wife, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Puppy Mommy, Musician, Educator, Cook, Decorator, Shopaholic! Woo!!

So, this week has been short. We had our music educators conference this weekend and minus not being able to go yesterday due to snow, it was wonderful! I was able to see a lot of collegiate music educators that I have met over the years and reconnect with multiple directors and music teachers from around the state. It just reinforces my goals to graduate and finally be able to do what I want to do for the rest of my life!

On that note, I've been thinking a lot today. There were a lot of people at the conference that are new teachers and it just reminds me that I should be done with school by now. I know I transferred twice, got engaged, went through a deployment with the Hubby, took off a semester and helped my Mom recover from her cardiac arrest, plan a wedding, move and change majors, change BACK to music ed, and now go through another deployment with the Hubby. All in just 2.5 years.. Still though, I should be done by now. I know that I am probably the biggest obstacle keeping myself from doing the things I want to do. Why not get the grades I know I can get? Why not be the musician I know I can be? Why not drop the weight I know I continue to gain?

I've been thinking about making more of a routine schedule for myself with workouts, meal plans, cleaning schedules, study sessions, and a set bed time so I can get all the sleep I need. But, I've also been thinking about maybe taking on a part time job.. I don't know. But I'm sick of feeling like I'm standing in my own way of accomplishing what I want in life. So, we'll see what this next week brings. But I will no longer push for an easy goal. I will set my standards high and attain what I know I can with hard work, motivation, and determination! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and stays warm and safe in this cold winter weather!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on a couple points here...I don't know why I can't drop some weight I've put on as well. I've been married for just over a year, and a friend was saying how being married can make you fat. I think she was kind of comparing it to the "Freshman 15", ha! Also, I bring my ipod everywhere too. Everything is better with music. :-)

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11