Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blizzard Blog Hop

Hey All! It's time for Blizzard Blog Hop! Head over to Household 6 Diva to participate and join in on the fun! Let's spend the weekend getting to know one another! So, here goes..
My name is Sarah and I blog on 'Tis the Life of the Army Wife! I chose the name because whenever I'm talking to my Mom about life and the military things, she always sighs and says " 'Tis the life Baby Girl!" :) Thanks Mom!
I am a music education major and I play the saxophone, along with many other instruments. I am studying to be a band director! In my opinion, it is the most rewarding thing I can do with my life! I love children and I love music, so why not combine the two? I'm also a wife to a wonderful Hubby, a fur mommy to two beautiful Chihuahua Basenji puppies, a daughter and sister, a proud aunt to 8, almost 9 children... I wear a lot of hats, but I plan on adding to my hat rack as life goes on!
I met my Hubby dear when we were in HS! Yes, we are HS Sweethearts! :) We met in choir, my junior year and his senior year, and according to friends, he was flirting with me, but I had no clue! So, it all started when I asked HIM to prom as friends! One thing led to another and through the excitement and the planning, we became best friends and fell in love!


We dated through basic and AIT and spent the rest of the next 3 years in and on again-off again relationship, but we remained best friends throughout all of it!


In the Spring of 2008, I got a call from David and he told me he was going to be deploying in a month. I was freaked out and afraid for him. We weren't together at the time, but the reality of the deployment shook us and we realized that we didn't want to live another day without one another. We got engaged right before he left for Iraq and tried our best to plan a wedding while we were half a world apart.



David's leave was rough. A few hours after he got home, my Mom had a cardiac arrest in our entry way and spent his entire leave in ICU. It was scary and nerve-racking and David held me and my family together through all of it. I would have married him right then if I could have. It was a blessing and a curse to have him home during that time, but looking back, I don't know what I would do without him there.

David got home a few months later and my Mom is thankfully doing better! She was able to be there to watch my Sister graduate HS, help me finish planning the wedding and be there throughout the entire day and she's still pushing through! I am so very proud of her. We finished the wedding plans and enjoyed the summer together.


On August 7, 2009, I became an official Army wife and married my very best friend and the love of my life! We adjusted to married life and worked towards finishing school! We also adopted our precious puppies, Taco and Belle!


About 9 months after we had been married, we found out that David was being deployed again. He spent the summer travelling around at trainings and taking classes, and he deployed in the beginning of the fall! He should be home on leave in a few months and I can't wait to have him home for more than a year! :)
I look forward to reading everyones Blizzard Blogs and I hope you all have a fun weekend! Happy Blogging!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. You have a beautiful family. Dave sounds like a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, nice to "meet" you. I'm facing my husband's upcoming deployment right now. He has been deployed before, but I didn't know him then. This is a new (and scary) experience for me. It's nice to meet other people going through the same thing. I'll be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute together! How cool to be HS sweethearts! I want you to tell your husband that I consider him a hero!! My brother just joined the Army Guard. He's in training right now! I'm so proud.

    Maybe one day we'll meet at a conference!

    ~Mimi @ Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopped over here from the Blizzard Bloghop. Great to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm late, but I'm a new follower visiting from the Blizzard blog hop. I'm a mil spouse too, and I love finding other mil spouses out there in the blogosphere. Nice to meet you!!

    Wife on the Roller Coaster
    http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you can't wait to get him home safe and sound! I found you on the Blizzard Bloghop. I'd love for you to check out Life as: Recruiter's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAH! Taco and Belle! I love it! My Mom has two cats - Snicker and Doodle. =D

    Stop on over and check me out too!
    www.servingfromhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11