Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Holy Cow.. Catch Up Time!!!

I fail. BIG TIME!! Gosh, I don't even remember the last time I blogged. Things have just been so crazy busy, I haven't had time to even get on and check my blogger. But here's an update on life and I really will try and do better as far as blogging goes.

David is in country now. He's been there for a few days and has the internet, so thankfully, we're able to talk every morning and every night! I love it and I'm so thankful for the technology and ability we have to communicate like this! Our last deployment was not like this at all. So, that's been nice! He's doing good so far, staying busy and working hard! I am so very proud of him!

School is in full force and literally just about all that I do! I hardly feel like I have time to do anything outside of it, especially with marching band and football games, but when I get a week off, I love getting to go watch marching shows and competitions! It's like my release and my escape from real life! I know... band nerd alert, right here! But who cares! It's what I want to do with my life! I cannot WAIT to have my own band program!!! Plus, watching all the bands and marching shows has helped to enforce what it is I want out of my future band program, which is always a good thing! :) Anywho..

School is going well. Form and Analysis is kicking my butt, but I'm getting ready to finish my hardcore studying on that. Hopefully I can get through tomorrow. Every week is filled with ".. If I can just get through the next few days" and every weekend is filled with hundreds of things that need to get done and not enough time to do everything. I FINALLY cleaned my kitchen and bathroom after too long. Gross, I know. But, I think that it helped me to feel less overwhelmed to see something clean and taken care of!

So, other than that, I think that's the gist of everything! I'm working hard to deal with everyday life and to keep those around me happy, but I'm also quickly learning who around me to go to and who not to go to. It's sad, but it's a part of life I guess. All that matters is that I have an amazing family and support system of friends that I know I can always go to, no matter what, and this is making my relationship with my husband, my family, and my friends stronger than ever! I hope all is well with all of you! Have a beautiful Sunday morning!!

2 comments:

  1. Rizzo!

    :( Wait.That doesn't work anymore. Do you realize how odd it is not to call you that?!

    Where are you guys living right now?

    Don't feel bad about band nerding it up. I missed Owasso Invitational & RR - I so wanted to take my husband with. Just to go, you know?

    Anyway. Glad things are going well! Reading this... makes me kinda feel the need to update my own blog. I've been lazy.. oops?
    <3Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I miss reading your blogs! How is school going?? I hope you had a good fall break?? :) You are such a beautiful person! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11