Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Monday, August 2, 2010

It's August?

I can't believe school starts back up in a couple of weeks. I just finished last Thursday and this weekend was wonderful and full of NO sleep. I always hear people talking about how they've been up for 30 hours with no sleep whatsoever and I have a hard time believing them, because I would never be able to do that. Well... here's my weekend.

Thursday after my exam, my dear friend Brenna came in to town and we shopped for t-shirts, had our traditional lunch at Qdoba before her section leader meeting with our new band director, and then we went with the drum majors to McAllister's for their Free Tea Day!! It was so good! We practiced for a few hours and then went home and had Arby's for dinner, watched some movies and worked on some stuff for Kappa Kappa Psi. Poor B was exhausted and fell asleep mid-sentence! We went to bed and while I slept in until 9:30... Brenna was up and awake at 6:30. Gosh did I feel like a bad host. We had these Yoplait Blends Smoothies for breakfast and they were gross.. then we got ready and went to eat lunch before going and practicing some more. She had to go do a pep gig Friday evening, so I headed home and was preparing to go to bed at like 5:00 PM... I had to get up and be ready to leave by 3:30 AM to meet Brenna at her home so we could drive to Texas for our Chapter Leadership Conference with Kappa Kappa Psi. Well... I started ordering pictures for scrapbooking weekend and decided to use the offer for 50 free Snapfish pictures by making David a book about our life together for the deployment. I started at 5 and ended after midnight.. so, no sleep for me. I pulled an all-nighter and thankfully, my friend, Leslie, stayed up with me while I drove the 2.5 hours to Brenna's house. It took A LOT to find her place in the middle of freaking nowhere and in the process, she almost ran me over trying to find me in her new Camero. Not cool. After stopping and getting donuts, we were on our way to Texas!! The conference was amazing! I saw some of my favorite people and learned a lot! All the people from Alpha went to McAllister's after the conference and talked about all our hopes and goals for the coming year! So, we left Texas at around 7:30? On the way home. We hadn't even driven 30 minutes before we both had the sleepy giggles and stopped to get some frapps with a shot of espresso. Didn't help too much and combined with lots of sweet tea, there were a lot of stops. We also ended up getting lost, so rather than getting back at around 11,.. we pulled in to her driveway at about 12:30. And then I still had to drive back. I don't even know how I did it, I was so exhausted. I know it's not safe, and I promise not to ever pull another all-nighter. This is not a chick who can function after 40+ hours of "Go Go Go!" and no sleep.

So, yesterday was spent recuperating. And it's AUGUST!! My anniversary is this weekend and I'm still pretty emotional about everything. I'll probably head home in the next few days and get ready for an amazing scrapbooking weekend with my sisters and the women in David's family! I'm really looking forward to Girl Time! Daddy and I have our date on the 7th to celebrate my anniversary. David's not taking it well that we can't be together,... I just keep trying to tell myself that it's not a big deal, but it is! It's our VERY FIRST wedding anniversary and we only freaking get one! We only get one of all of them, but I think the 1st, the 5th, the 10th, the 25th and the 50th are the big ones that should be celebrated big time. I've already determined where we are going next year to celebrate! It'll be like a second honeymoon and I'm excited to surprise him with it when he gets home. But for now, along with missing that special time together, I have no clue when his block leave begins. People keep asking what the plan is and what we're going to do.. I still have to reserve our hotel for where we're staying... it's all just really emotional right now. So, I baked a yellow cake with chocolate icing and my plan is to have some yummy Homemade Mac and Cheese for dinner, watch me some Real Housewives of New Jersey Drama and indulge in some delicious cake before hitting the pillow! I hope you all have a wonderful night!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sarah!! you made me so tired just reading your post!!! :O I am so sorry you and David can't be togather for you anniversary. That is so hard. I thank you so much for your prayers and I will continue to pray for you all too! Can't wait for the girls weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We aren't going to be together for our first anniversary and it's a tough pill to swallow. We've already missed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Valentine's Day of our first year of marriage and now our anniversary too. Try to just be grateful for the times we do have together. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure keep you awake. :-)

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11