Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Going Going Going...

Do you ever feel like the energizer bunny? Well, my life has been running on Energizer batteries since Sunday morning!! The deployment ceremony went well.. as well as a deployment ceremony can go I guess. I was thankful to have a lot of our family there. It was much harder than I thought it would be. We both stayed up all night Saturday tossing and turning with "sick stomachs". You know that combination of feeling like you're going to throw up and like you can't breathe? ... that was what we both had. We tried to remain positive though! Although there were a ton of pictures taken that day, these are just a few of my favorites!


It was hard to watch him leave, but I know everything will be ok! Our families went to his sister's house right after David left and we all had lunch together. It was nice to be surrounded by everyone! I went to pick up Taco and Belle from Bri's and then hurried back home. I literally jumped out of the car, put Taco and Belle inside the apartment, changed, and headed up to the school to start paining the fields, meet with the new band director, do "rookie" orientation, and then get my band uniform. I was there from 3 until around 11 and then I had to go get groceries... L-O-N-G night!

Yesterday was the start of Band Camp! OMG do I hurt! I have NEVER worked this hard at anything! It's been wonderful so far.. but we'll see how I feel at the end of the week. I promise to have legs, abs, and arms of steel by the time band camp is over! We've been going all day and it's helped some, but I also haven't been able to emotionally deal with David being gone. I'm sure that it's a good thing, but I sort of need that ugly cry moment, you know? I'm trying to stay busy and positive though. Tonight is literally the first time I've sat down and had some "me" time since Sunday morning. I treated myself by ordering BOGO pants from NY& Co. :) It's been Go! GO! GO!! And with band camp going all day, I am struggling to find the time to prepare for school, clean the house, unpack, do laundry, ...practice. OMG it's been crazy. Hopefully things will settle down soon as school starts and my brain will refocus on classes and everything else that needs to be done! I found out David's 4-day pass dates today. Very bittersweet. Thank goodness for wonderful family and friends. I love you all and am so blessed to have you in my life!! Now for bed, another long day tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had your family there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I am going through a deployment right now and can relate to the emotions you felt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randomly searching and reading blogs today and found yours. What a beautiful story unfolding before my eyes. Praying for you and your beloved during your second deployment. Praying God's hand of protection on him and you till y'all are together again.
    {{{ hugs }}}
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11