Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Final Countdown..

... I know, cheesy title. Sorry.

But, it's true! At some point in the next few days, I'm off to my hometown and I'm meeting up with all the women in David's family and we're having a girls scrapbook weekend! I'm really excited!! That, and my Dad and I are going on our Daddy/Daughter Date on the 7th to celebrate my wedding anniversary! It should be great! I've been running around all day doing laundry, ironing, packing, getting ready to be gone for 12 days (thank goodness that Brenna will be staying here) and getting things together that David will want/need before he officially starts active duty.
I've made a few gifts and also got our anniversary present today. I got a gorgeous clock (the traditional 1-year anniversary gift) and it will be wound yearly on our anniversary! But when he comes in to town, we're going to celebrate! I'm taking him for a picnic at the church where we got married and then we're going to our special place, the Rose Garden, and THEN we're going to dinner, probably at Olive Garden, where he'll get his anniversary present and then we'll have cupcakes and sparkling wine for dessert! I think it'll be great!

For the night before he leaves, I've planned a few things! I figured we'll probably go to BJ's for dinner and have one of their amazing pazookies and some sparkling wine. I made David a book on Snapfish that tells our Love Story, so I'll give him that along with the journals we write in during deployments and his box for pictures and letters. THEN, comes the Big surprise! For my birthday while David was in Iraq, he sent me an iTouch. It was amazing and I'm so thankful that he sent me something to organize the wedding plans with and be able to be in constant communication with him through. Well, I've been working on the iTouch all day and I restored it. I also uploaded pictures, contacts, dates and birthdays, movies, our wedding video, apps, and songs for him. Hopefully he'll be able to use it while he's in country, at least on the way there! I'm super excited about it!

So, yeah! Busy busy couple of weeks ahead! I'm sure I'll fill you all in with lots of pictures when I get back!! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a wounderful wife!!! I think all your plans sound amazing! I didn't know David was still able to see you. I thought he had left already?! That is AWESOME that you are able to see him still!!! I am so so happy for you!!!! AND I am so excited for this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11