Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day #1 and MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


Yesterday started our Title 10 orders and so we are now officially on our way with this deployment! The past week has been wonderful! Scrapbooking with my sisters was just what I needed to get through the weekend and David surprised me with flowers for our anniversary! It was hard not being together, but I think overall, the day was good! Daddy and I went on our Daddy/Daughter Date and had a good time and I was so excited to pick David up on Monday! We had a good time with family, but I have been sick since then, so that hasn't been much fun... but we've still enjoyed our time together!

1. What is ONE thing you’d like civilians to understand about being a military family?

I would like civilians to understand what really goes on in a deployment! Understand what it's like having your better half on the other side of the world with minimal communication and not off on a "business trip", but fighting and in a war. I wish civilians understood the emotions that come with being a military family and the added challenges that it brings to everyday life.

2. What is your favorite mistake?

Getting Taco and Belle! We'd only been married about a month and a half when we got them and by the first night, I was having a breakdown,... but I couldn't give them back and I can't resist their sweet faces and I love them more than anything!!

3. What indulgence could you give up for a year?

Pop! I'm working on it right now! I think it's been 3 months since I've had any pop! :)

4. If you could be a winged animal, what would you be?

I'd be a Dove! They mate for life and David would be the other dove!!

5. What is one question you’d like to see asked in a future MFF?

What is your favorite vacation spot and why?

4 comments:

  1. I agree on the emotions of deployments. My mother-in-law's husband passes away a few years ago. Last summer, my husband was deployed and she told me that I had nothing to stress over because I knew my husband would come home! WTH!! Anything can happen during deployments. Heck something could've happened to the kids and I while he was deployed. Nothing in life is certain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Ashley! Gosh, that's shady! I'd be pretty upset, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen on #1! Most people don't (can't) understand and it is very isolating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you like ten thousand percent more since you used the word "pop" instead of soda. Nice work with giving it up for 3 months!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11