Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, August 13, 2010

ARGHH!!!!

So, I was talking to a friend today! We were discussing David's deployment and that he's been home for only a year and now he's leaving again for another tour and will be gone... another year.
The girl actually told me "That's not that bad! It could be worse! :)"

Are you KIDDING ME?!?! Do you have a husband/fiance in the military who has deployed? Nope.

I just couldn't believe she told me it wasn't that bad and that it could be worse. I mean, I know it sucks, and that's fine! Life sucks sometimes. But, I also know that God is in complete control and that He has a plan! He has been preparing David and I for this throughout our entire relationship and over the next year, we will be faced with blessings and challenges and will come out stronger as individuals and as a couple! I have faith that everything will be fine and I am so thankful for the support system of family and friends that I have been surrounded with! :) It just irks me that people say silly things like that when they have no idea what they're talking about!! Sorry for the brief vent.

David's almost done for the day and he's having a "Man Night" tonight while I get to hang out with my BFF Darko!!! I cannot wait! :) Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. Are you guys still friends? That's a pretty insensitive thing for her to say. I just *wish* some people could think before they spew stupid all over everyone else. Sorry you have such thoughtless friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Sarah. I can't imagine what you and all military wives have to go through. I am already dreading Joe leaving for bootcamp and school and I know that has nothing compaired to what you ladies (and their families too!) go through when your spouse leaves for a year to 18 months!!!
    Keep your chin up. You are so strong.
    Praying for you all. Enjoy your weekend with David!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you you guys! I talked to a DIFFERENT friend and realized I'm probably being emotional and that she was trying to comfort me... in her way! :)

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11