Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yellow Ribbon Conference

I GET TO SEE MY HUBBY TOMORROW!!!
I'm just a little excited!! :) Still trying to pack, but it'll get there! Tomorrow is the yellow ribbon conference and so we'll be sitting in an ice cold room all day doing that while Taco and Belle go to Auntie Bri's house and play with Sadie until Monday afternoon!!! I'm excited! And David and I will either stay at a hotel, or stay with a family member! It'll be good, can't wait to just spend time with him!!

Today was a busy day. I didn't go to bed until 0400 (...I was reading Breaking Dawn) and so I woke up at around 1100. I did some laundry and then did A TON of ironing... until around 6:00! Then, it was definitely time for dinner! My Mom and I had been talking about food and how to cook for just one person and she gave me the great idea of cooking a few meals a week and then freezing them in portions so all I have to do is thaw them out when I want to eat them, and then I heat it up in the microwave!! It'll be AMAZING when school goes in to full swing! I know it may be silly that I didn't think about it, but I'm excited! I froze my first leftovers tonight! :) That and then just drinking lots of water and eating when I'm hungry and not just because it's "time to eat". I think it'll be good! Taco, Belle and I went on another walk today and they discovered their shadows!! They were SOOO excited and just kept jumping and playing! It was adorable! Definitely the funniest moment of my day! Anywho,... gotta get to packing and then hit the pillow!! Lots of driving tomorrow! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Cute blog! You and the hubby are adorable. Thanks for following mine!! Im in my first year .. we we just had our one year anniversary .. but .. it feels like its still year once since he is gone .. good luck with all of your adventures and remember to breathe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you from Mrs. Superman's blog :) Ho exciting to see your husband again! My husband just graduated boot camp, (probably not the same as you) but that first hug after 9 long weeks was the greatest feeling in the world!

    ~Sarah
    http://confessionsofasailorswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11