Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

One Month!!

A lot of things will happen in this next month! David goes to a new post tomorrow and they will continue their training. He has been crazy busy, we have only talked for a few minutes every day before he crashes. I guess it's a good thing since it helps me get ready for those short conversations when he goes overseas. After next Thursday, my summer classes will officially be over and for the first time since January, I will have 2 1/2 weeks of NO SCHOOL!!! Gotta use that to get ready for the fall semester!

Next Friday, one of my great friends is coming to town to visit and we get to hang out. And next Saturday, my family is coming in to town to visit! So, it'll be nice to have people around! :) Then I'll have a few days to do laundry, take care of bills, CLEAN THE APARTMENT and continue practicing and working out before heading back to my hometown! We're having a scrapbooking weekend with the women in David's family... gosh I need to order pictures on Snapfish.. and then our First Anniversary!

I'm going to be a Debbie Downer for a second. I know that being in the military, you don't spend every anniversary together, but I at least wanted to spend our first one with each other. I haven't really gotten upset about it until now, but with it being close and the emotions... I don't know. My Dad is taking me on a Daddy/Daughter Date that night though! :) So, I think it will still be special. And David and I can eat our cupcakes a few days later. No big deal, right?

Then, at some point, David will hopefully have a few days off and I've been looking for a good place to stay around our hometown (since we're not staying at either of our parents' houses) and for fun things that we can do that are "tradition" for us, or that we haven't been able to do before! So, we can celebrate our anniversary then! We'll also need to pick out a new washer and dryer so we can have those installed after he leaves. His deployment ceremony is on the 15th. Gosh, I can't believe it's so close. He's going out of state to another fort where they will finish up their training, and he should get some time off while he's there, but I don't know how I'm going to be on the 15th... with all of our family there, watching him get on another bus and leave...

That night, marching band kicks in! And I am a rookie again... woot. So, we have a meeting and then start rehearsal all day from Monday through Saturday. We have an audition and we have to have all this music memorized for marching band. Sunday, the 22nd, will be my last day off for awhile. School starts the next day, and with that comes wind ensemble auditions! Bring it!

I've been working out every day this week, and practicing an hour a day too. I want to be ready for marching band and I want to be ready to jump back in to the music department and do what I love to do! :) Tomorrow is my first weigh-in day. I've really tried eating healthy and drinking water, and I've been having some kick-butt workouts... so, we'll see how it goes! On to practicing and working out! :) Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Husband and I will be spending our one-year anniversary apart, too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend and I spent our 1 year anniversary apart, because he was at AT (Annual Training).

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11