Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Hump Day!!!

It's been a busy busy day! I got up and had class this morning, then ran around campus taking care of everything from officially changing my major to changing my name from my maiden to my married name. Then I went and practiced for an hour! It felt pretty good! I'm excited to get a new mouthpiece, neck strap, and new reeds and hoping things will sound better after that!

I came home for lunch and discovered that I can watch SO You Think You Can Dance (My all-time favorite show) on Hulu!! OMG Words cannot express how pumped I was to not have to wait until the middle of August to watch the rest of the season!! So, after lunch, I started doing all the other stuff I have to do. Can you say, full plate? I love that there are so many military bloggers! It helps you know you're not alone!

But BOY am I short on patience and sympathy lately? Have you ever had someone start talking to you randomly, who you haven't talked to in MONTHS and they're just complaining about how hard their life is and how it sucks,.. the summer sucks, I haven't talked to anyone, I can't come back to school, we're having $$ issues.... OH MY GOSH!!! I can't handle these types of people right now! I just want to shout from the rooftops that EVERYONE'S LIFE SUCKS and that everyone finds a way to deal with it and move on! :) I mean, venting is TOTALLY fine and definitely a necessity, but to think that you have it worse than anyone else around you... No no! I'm a firm believer in the "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade" quote! I think we all just have to take the hand we are given, look at the problem square in the face and say "Screw you" and make what we want out of it! And I also believe that one's personality and attitude doesn't change just because they're going through a rough time. It's no excuse.. you are who you are and. yes, you can learn and grow from situations, but I don't think you completely change. Any who... there's my vent!

After doing some stuff, I finally got up and went to work out! Gosh I'm sore, but I'm hoping when I weigh in on Sunday, that it'll be all worth it! I also joined Weight Watchers and am hoping to get some good "single person" recipes and to have some foundation on what I need to be doing to lose weight! Any tips from you all?

I decided today that I am going to go to Montana!!! I have been doing school and deployment stuff ALL summer and have LITERALLY not had a single break.. so this trip to see Jennifer, Jordan, and my future niece/nephew will be my Summer and my relaxation before the chaos of life and school return! I'm really excited!! I have to find a way to make my saxophone in to my carry-on... cuz there's NO way I'm letting it get thrown around with luggage, but other than that... I should be heading out in about a week!!! So excited!!

We'll see how things go, but I'm thinking they're going to go pretty good! Can't wait to talk to the Hubby tonight! :)

1 comment:

  1. first I want to start off and say thank you so much for your encouraging and supportive words you left on my blog. I appreciate it! <3

    Aw I remember changing my last name. I LOVED seeing my new last name on things. It was so exciting! =)

    I totally hear you on people complaining about life! I try my best not to complain, I try to look at the positive in things and I always try to prove to myself that the good out weight the bad. =)

    Have a nice, safe trip! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11