Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Gosh It's Been FOREVER!!!

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post... fail on my part. Sunday with the Hubby was AMAZING!!!! My air conditioning in my car broke on the trip down, but it was SO good to see him and just sit by him through all those Yellow Ribbon briefings (and in the cool air conditioning)! :) Our plan was to leave our puppies at a friend's house and stay with his sister and her family on Sunday night. Welp, The Hubby missed his motorcycle that he'd left at my parents house.... so CHANGE OF PLANS we headed to get the dogs and go to our hometown after the conference. We rode with the windows down, since we had no air conditioning, and MAN was it fun combing my hair that night! We stayed with his parents though, took care of all the legal things no one wants to talk about and then he crashed while I watched Army Wives with my dear sister-in-law, Esther. GOSH it was a tear-jerker!! But I'm glad she and I got to spend that time together. We spent all of Monday with our families and he and my Dad fixed my air conditioning (kind of.. enough for the ride home to be pleasant)! And David got his motorcycle back! OH!! I also got to have my first ride on a motorcycle!! With my Hubby of coarse!! It was kind of scary, but I got the hang of it. I made it harder for him cuz I'd put my head to one side or the other so I could see what was going on... but other than that, it was fun! :)

We went our separate ways on Monday night and I headed home for school the next morning while he headed back to the Big City for training. I'm so thankful for the time we were able to spend together!! So, back to school for the week and things have been CRAZY busy!!

Tuesday, I ran all sorts of errands, had class and lab, met with the Membership Educator for Kappa Kappa Psi's Sister Chapter, Tau Beta Sigma, and we went over a lot of things for this next school year, and then my dear friend, Amanda, came in to town and we went to our band director, Dr. Snow's, going away cookout party. It was fabulous and so nice to spend time with close friends! Then, Amanda and I went shopping for my single person eating healthy food! It was wonderful! I'm super set on making things work without the Hubby here and I even picked out some yoga equipment and a video to workout with and focus on my breathing! I think it'll be great!!

Wednesday was also crazy busy, again, full of running around doing errands and Taco and Belle spent the afternoon getting groomed and then we got Belle a new collar and got Taco some raw hides! He's eaten 2 of the 6 already!

Yesterday, more class and lab and a TEST (which hopefully I did ok on). And then I came home and had a HUGE desire to clean. So, I cleaned the kitchen, the laundry room, the living room, the dining room and the hallway.. and then I got to the bedrooms and bathrooms. From there, I just wanted to organize everything! And so I did and I LOVE IT!!! So much easier to do things now!! I've got the school supplies all in the office and ready for use and the closet is all cleaned and neat... just need to do laundry! After that, my back started hurting and I realized it was because of cramps.. YUCK!! So, I sat down and relaxed for the first time in awhile. It was so nice! :)

Today... I didn't really sleep in, but I slept well last night! I had a doctor's appointment that went well and then I was able to come home and sneak in a few more zzzzzz's before getting up and getting around. I'm still trying to figure out what to do this weekend in not knowing the Hubby's schedule, whether he'll have a roommate or not, what to do with the dogs... all that. I want to go see him... so we'll see how it goes. Maybe tomorrow! :) I missed all of you and can't wait to catch up on how everyone's doing! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11