Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Fill-In and Some Family News

Before I start my Friday Fill-In, I want to ask that you all keep my grandpa, my Papa Jim in your prayers. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital last night for blood pressure issues and is believed to have fluid around his lungs. He has also had heart problems since long before I was born.


He's in the heart hospital now and the medicine is making him a cranky pot, and he doesn't want to see or talk to anyone.. including my Mom and my grandma, Mama Carty! I know I have been extremely blessed in life. I still have all four of my grandparents and they are all still married. I also still have 2 great-grandparents that are still married and was able to know 2 other great-grandparents before they passed away when I was young. They were also married. We have had only had one divorce in my family, and it was my aunt and uncle on my Dad's side. Other than that, on both sides dated back to the 1700's, there has been no divorce and for that, I am completely grateful!!

So, I've never dealt with death close by. We came close last year with my Mom, but she pulled through. More on that another time. And I also cling to the men in my family! We just have an extra special bond, Papa Jim being my closest! I know they are getting old and I worry what will happen when they aren't here anymore. I just don't think I would be able to handle it. Especially with how supportive and encouraging my Papa Jim has been throughout my whole life. I know he sounds like a grouch, but he has been a youth minister/senior adult minister since my Mom was 9. He is loved by many and loves unconditionally! He's always happy and positive except when he gets a bad migraine. So, he's in the hospital for today and they are running some tests and will keep a close eye on him. Thankfully, I have nothing going on this weekend, so I'm available to jump up and go if I need to. So, please keep him and my family in your prayers as the doctors try to figure out what it wrong.

Also, David's cousins Joe and Sarah have 2 adorable little boys, Creed and Luke! Luke is 4 and is the cutest thing. He had been acting strangely and long story short, they found a tumor in his brain. It has all happened so fast with them trying to figure out what kind of tumor it is and what can be done about it, how fast it's growing. It started affecting his eye sight the other day and they took him in for an EEG and a spinal tap. After he got home last night, he started screaming and crying that he was in pain, and so they are back in the hospital observing him today and running more tests. Please keep their family in your prayers! And go by Trouble In Spots But Saved By God's Grace to read about Lukie and leave an encouraging note please, I can't imagine how hard this has been for the family.

And NOW!!! On to the Friday Fill-In!!! Thank you to Wife Of A Sailor for putting together the Fill-In! :)

1.Besides the horizontal mambo, what do you miss most when your spouse is deployed?
Just his presence! I love being able to reach over and him be there or if there's a loud thud outside, knowing that it'll all be fine because he's right there.

2.What do you miss least?
Laundry, dishes, and cleanup! It's SO much easier when it's just me and the laundry loads are SOO much smaller too! I also miss cooking for more than one person, it's been a challenge trying to learn how to cook for one.

3.You only get three crayons to finish your picture… which three do you choose and why?
The traditional green, red, and yellow! You can make just about any color with those combinations, and they are the standard colors given in restaurants, so they must work! :)

4.If you could have your own fragrance, what would it be called?
Hmm, On The Run, because I always seem to be running late and trying to get out the door, but I still make time to put on my perfume before I leave!

5.If the shoes make the man (or woman), what do your shoes say about you right now?
My shoes (usually flip-flops) say that I like to be open and just enjoy getting out and not being cooped up! I like to have space and I like to be able to just throw on my shoes and go!

2 comments:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11