Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

11 Months!!

As some may notice, I changed the blog around a little! Hope you all like it! :) Things have been pretty crazy around here today. David leaves at 0400 tomorrow for his four day drill that goes right into mobilization. So, we've been packing all day and loading his car up. I started making the dough for homemade pizza tonight.. still need to go to the store and get some cheese and cookie dough ice cream, as well as a movie and tonight's At-Home Date Night will be ready to go! I also need to finish up a few loads of laundry so David can pack up all his civilian clothes. I am just in shock that we are already here! He called me in the middle of April to tell me that his deployment had been moved up, but that feels like yesterday! Now, here we are getting ready to go through this all again after only a year of him being home! I know beyond all things that God is in control and that He will watch over us and care for us as we face this next challenge.
Our 11 month anniversary is today! 11 MONTHS!!! CRAZY!! Part of me can't believe it's almost been a year and part of me feels like we've been together forever! I know we won't be able to spend our one year anniversary together, but I'm excited to spend this day together! And we'll have some time during his 4-day pass to get away and celebrate our anniversary! So, I'm definitely looking forward to spending that time together, getting away, and eating our wedding cake (Although I plan to have a backup made just in case)! So yeah! Not too much today! Hope you all are having a wonderful Hump Day!

4 comments:

  1. I love the new look!! I hope you guys have a great night! Tell David we will be praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 11 months!!

    We will definitely be praying this deployment goes by swiftly for you both :)

    One thing that you might want to be careful about--the picture in your header has your husband's name tape on it. Its really easy to blur those out and safer to not have your all's last name on the internet, for OPSEC reasons. If you need instructions on how to blur that out or want me to do it for you I'd be happy to. Just email me at acusandstilettoshoes@gmail.com

    My husband makes me do this to all the pictures of him in uniform so I just want everyone to be safe :)

    Your blog is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! I noticed today that you are following my blog. I just wanted to stop over and say hi! :) Happy early anniversary! And I want to thank your husband for his service to our great country! And yours too! I often think about the family of soldiers and you have to sacrifice so much too! It brings tears to my eyes thinking about what you give up - the presence of your husband in your daily life (that would be so difficult!) and also the feeling of anxiety that you may feel - not knowing where he is or if he is safe. I just think it's amazing! I pray for you that God would keep your husband safe, keep you bound to one another and to give you both peace and trust in Him!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on 11 months. My hubby and I are celebrating 3 years at the end of the month and let me just tell ya...I have no idea where 3 YEARS went! :)

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11