Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

What A Weekend!!!

WOW has it been a busy past couple of days! Life has just been a roller coaster lately! I had my psychology final on Friday! We got our study guide on Wednesday night and when I got to class Thursday, my professor didn't show up and we had 3 chapters we were supposed to be lectured on! I spent all of Thursday studying for psych, writing extra credit papers, doing my study guide and then trying to do laundry, cook and get the house ready for my in-laws. So, by the time class came Friday morning, I was super nervous! Up until Thursday evening, I thought I would be able to pull off an A in the course! Well! My professor was there Friday and the review was wonderful as well as the final! I feel like I gave it my all for that class and we'll see in a few days, but I'm pretty sure I've got an A headin' my way!!!

So, after class, I came home, did some cleaning, did some grocery shopping and took a nap until we got a call from Mo and Do (David's parents) that they were on their way! David and I were able to make my Grandmother's recipe of Blueberry Ice Box Pie together! He did a fabulous job making the crust! :) I am so proud! When his parents got here, his Mom called me, giving me fair warning that they had brought David's birthday present with them. For as long as he can remember, David has DREAMED of having a GIANT Pooh Bear!! Mo and Do recently returned from their mission trip to Cambodia and they found the Pooh Bear David had wanted for years!! So, we now have the largest Pooh Bear EVER sitting on top of David's desk next to my heffalump. We're definitely going to have to have a Winnie the Pooh nursery now... only for when we have a boy though. When we have a little girl, I want to deck her room out in PINK!!!! :D We enjoyed chatting with Mo and Do, had some nice dinner at Red Lobster (YUM!) and then on the way home, Do stopped by WalMart and bought us Madagascar (David had never seen it) and we watched that and ate dessert! Before we went to bed, Mo and Do were able to show us their slide show of Cambodia and tell us all about their trip this past month! I am so blessed to have such wonderful and God-loving in-laws! We had a delicious breakfast casserole the next morning, followed by some one-on-one time with me and Mo while David and Do went to get coffee! It was lovely to just have a nice sit down chat and to be able to discuss the near future with the deployment and everything.
Mo and Do had to leave to go to our cousin's wedding in Texas, and so David and I spent the rest of our Saturday just enjoying one another's company! We decided to make homemade pizza and invited our friends Leslie and Adam over for dinner and a movie! We love having couple friends that we can spend time with! The pizza was delicious and the movie, The Tooth Fairy, was absolutely amazing!!! I would love to own it someday! After they left, David and I finished packing and preparing for his class he has over the next two weeks. He left this morning and so starts this road to deployment. This next two weeks will be a good tester for us to prepare us for this next year! I start my summer classes tomorrow in College Algebra, Geology with a lab and am even thinking about adding an internet course in Government. We'll see! So, class coupled with fulfilling duties of my office in Kappa Kappa Psi and getting David's going away party planned will definitely keep me busy and keep my mind off of him being gone! It'll be a good two weeks! Hope you all have had just as wonderful of a weekend! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11