Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Lovely Weekend

After a few weeks of being sick, breaking toes, and dealing with other things, it was nice to just have a good weekend with nothing breaking or falling apart!! We spent Friday night just relaxing! Saturday, we got to sleep in before getting ready and going to Tulsa with Bri! David dropped us off at Liberty Church for our friends, Kayla and Adam Zachary's wedding! Kayla and I met at Liberty when we were babies and my family went to church there until I was 8 and we moved to Georgia. So, it was cool to go back to the church I grew up in after 15 years! It was great having Mom there to help me with names and faces! Kayla was breathtaking and the happiest most giddy bride I've ever seen! I cried throughout the ceremony, but that's normal! Haha! The reception was gorgeous too and it was wonderful to catch up with old friends and see everyone! Bri, Kayla, Lindsay and I were all on the same floor of WMU our freshman year and we suited together in Taylor our sophomore year! In the last year, Kayla, Lindsay and I have had our weddings and at each wedding, we take our Suitey picture! Lindsay was in Texas being a bridesmaid in another friend's wedding, so she wasn't able to be there, but Adam stepped in and took her place in our Suite picture!


Kayla's Wedding in June


Lindsay's Wedding in May


Our Wedding in August

We went to Owasso and spent some time hanging out with my family before going back to Tulsa to the mall. We dropped off my wedding ring to FINALLY get it soldered and then hit up the Semi Annual Sale at Victoria's Secret and getting rose salve and wall scents from Bath and Body! It was a ton of fun and I had a blast getting to spend the day with Bri! Today, I cleaned up the apartment and David had work. Esther and Caleb, David's sister and brother-in-law were out at Lake Carl Blackwell for their Army Family Day with his unit and were able to stop by and see our apartment and hang out for a little while! It was nice to have them here and we had a good time just talking and playing with Gabriel while Gideon ate and slept! A new week has started and after the last 2 weeks, I'm determined to make this one a successful one! Ready for the 4th of July!! Woo Hoo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!! You guys sure have been to a lot of weddings! :) You guys are truely blessed to have such wonderful friends and family too ;)

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11