Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, June 11, 2010

David's Coming Home!!!

Last night, I had the pleasure of going to my friend Leslie's house for dinner! She made pasta and tilapia and it was delicious! While dinner cooked, we watched the first episode of Glee! (Oh my gosh, if you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out!! It's amazing) and we watched So You Think You Can Dance! It was nice after a long week to just have some girl time! Well, David texted me and told me he was going to be coming back to Stillwater for the weekend! He had his 2nd test today in his class and then he didn't have anything to do until Monday morning at 7:30, so he's coming home!!!! Granted, he got stuck in Little Rock's rush hour traffic and went 12 miles in one hour... but EVENTUALLY he'll get here! I'm so excited! It's only been a few days, but when your man is gone, you miss him! It doesn't matter how long he's been away! So, I'm off to bake my Daddy's famous chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies for dessert and I already have spaghetti and meatballs made and ready for him to eat when he walks in the door! I'm so excited and thankful for this weekend and the extra time I get to spend with my Hubby!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed having you over for girl time! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11