Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Friday, May 7, 2010

School Ends, Summer Begins!!

So, we are both OFFICIALLY done with this Spring semester and our first year of college as a married couple!!! Woo Hoo! My finals were randomly dispersed throughout the week while David's were all in one day! Bless his heart! So, summer is here... for a week, and then it's back to school. I'll be taking 10 hours this summer and David will be working some. We just found out about a few classes he is going to take for the Army to better prepare for the deployment. They start June 1st and go through the 18th and he leaves in the beginning of July for his mobilization. So, we basically have a few weeks left of true time together before he goes. This is all so surreal I can't believe it's happening again. This time last year, he wasn't even home from Iraq yet! We were finishing planning a wedding, trying to figure out stuff with school, living, etc. I know there are benefits to this deployment and benefits to it being in September rather than in February of next year! It's just hard to focus on anything right now when life is a whirlwind of reality! I can't believe we're here again.
We had our first FRG (family readiness group) meeting on Sunday. That made it all sink in right there! Seeing the soldiers with their wives and families was rough and talking about what was going to happen made it impossible to look at this as something happening later on that we don't need to think about yet. I've been able to look at things on a factual level since finding out about them moving up the deployment a few weeks ago, but not anymore! It's here! This deployment is happening SOON and there is no amount of preparation that will make it any easier! Every deployment is different and every one of them has their own individual challenges.
I am so thankful for my amazing family, brothers, and friends! I know that without them, I will never be able to get through this next year and I am so ready to just pour myself into school and music and focus on getting done with school! I'm finally done with my finals and so I have about a week to just let everything soak in. I haven't let go yet and just cried all the tears. I have a difficult time after bottling up my emotions for awhile, just letting them out and having a good cry, so bring on those chick flicks and sad movies! I'll have my box of Kleenex, Diet Coke, cookies and friends at hand! I feel like for now I have to be strong and stay strong, let my wonderful Soldier know everything will be just fine at home while he's completing his mission! Everything will work out and I know that he will be safe! There's this song I keep hearing on the radio and it is so comforting! The words say "You will be safe in His arms! This is the promise He made, He will be with you again. When everything is falling apart, you will be safe in His arms!" It is my quote for life right now! I know he will be safe and I know that God challenges us, but never with something that we won't be able to handle through Him! We will be safe in His arms! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet kind words!! Also for your prayers!! You two will be in my prayers as well!!

    ReplyDelete

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11