Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!!

On this day in history that honors the men and women who have served our county and continue to serve our country to ensure our freedom and safety, I thought what better topic than to write on these brave soldiers who so rarely are given the respect and credit they are due! I am blessed to be in a military family! My husband of almost 10 months has been home for a little less than a year since his 12 month tour in Iraq and is getting ready to leave in the next few weeks for his next 12 month tour in Afghanistan. His brother, Ben, is a Captain in the Army and has also been deployed for a 15 month tour in Iraq. He is currently being moved with his wife, Aimee, my absolutely amazing sister-in-law to Fort Drum in New York. My other brother-in-law, Caleb, has also been home for a little less than a year. He was on the same tour to Iraq as my husband.

There are many soldiers who are currently deployed to other countries. There are also the soldiers who serve daily in active duty at the multiple posts and stations across the country and across the world. But along with the soldiers come the families. The Moms and Dads, the grandparents, the husbands and wives, the children... they all serve, each and every one of them. I'm not saying this because of my role by any means. If anything, being a military wife has shown me how much work goes on behind the scenes on the home front and how much the families sacrifice in order for the soldiers to complete their missions. So, thank you to the men and women who serve our country, and to the families that support them! God bless you all and everyone have a wonderful Memorial Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11