Our journey throughout our first year of marriage and our second deployment.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Settling In...

So, I know this is pretty bad, but we've been married almost 9 months and have yet to find a home church. It's always something, we always have an excuse or David is working,.. but we decided that having a home church is a priority, especially while David is gone. So, last night we looked at two Baptist churches in our area and decided that since he isn't working on Sunday morning this week, that we would go to church. I can only speak for myself, but I loved the church we chose! The congregation was smaller, but the atmosphere was good. The worship service we chose was more contemporary, but they offer a traditional service as well and they have a young married couples class that is taught by the head pastor and his wife. It just seemed to be everything I could ask for in a church, plus I already know a couple of the college students that attend there. But, aside from everything, I think the best part was getting back into a church and having that connection! I was cooking lunch when we got home and just had a completely peaceful feeling knowing I had started my week off on the right foot! And today's been pretty good in general! So, it's Sunday,... a new week has begun, and we cannot wait to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to bring you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11