Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Anyway, today was ROUGH! I hate cramping! I know it differs for everyone, but with me, I have a sleepless night and wake up absolutely nauseaus unable to eat anything and try as hard as I can to get medicine in me before things get too bad. Today, I didn't get enough medicine and it felt like someone was clawing my insides out and that my back was compressing.. nothing was helping and I literally laid there with all my muscles clenched and yelling! It sucked. So, I've determined that we better have an AMAZING labor with some beautiful babies if I have to go through this every month! ;) I'm going to see someone about BC soon. Needless to say, there was no working out this morning, but I ate pretty healthy today!
Tomorrow will be better! My brother and I are going Christmas shopping in the AM and then my sister and I are going to work out and I'm getting a haircut from my FABULOUS hair stylist later tomorrow afternoon! It'll be a great day, well deserving of Christmas break!
Monday, December 20, 2010
- I want to have a daily Bible study, even if it's reading a Psalm or Proverbs a day and meditating on that, it is time with the Creator of this Universe and there is no better way for me to devote my time.
- I want to attend a church weekly. I need to have the courage to go alone or with others and make church a priority for myself and for my family.
- I want to have a daily work out, if even just a walk around the pond with the dogs, some form of exercise will be done daily.
- I want to take better care of my body by being more selective of the foods I choose to put in it. I will watch what I eat and minimize the amount of meals I eat out. I will take the time to fix healthy meals, even after long and tiring days.
- I want to practice my instrument daily. It is my gift and the thing I love most and feel is most important. I will strive to improve my personal musicianship and not hold myself in comparison to those around me, but push myself individually to be the best musician I can be.
- I will do all my readings and homework assignments once assigned and push for an A in every class I enroll in from now on. I am a smart individual and should have enough pride to push myself to do the best on every paper, homework assignment and reading. I may have to work harder than others, but it is worth the hard work and effort when I have a diploma and am able to teach the most wonderful subject to students someday!
- I will work diligently in maintaining our finances so that Hubby and I may have the life the we dream of when he returns! It is because of his hard work that we are able to do anything and I want to contribute to that in any way that I can.
- I will be a better person, Christian, wife, daughter, sister, fur-mommy, friend, student, colleague and citizen and apply myself fully to all aspects of life and to those around me.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
1. What is ONE thing you’d like civilians to understand about being a military family?
I would like civilians to understand what really goes on in a deployment! Understand what it's like having your better half on the other side of the world with minimal communication and not off on a "business trip", but fighting and in a war. I wish civilians understood the emotions that come with being a military family and the added challenges that it brings to everyday life.
2. What is your favorite mistake?
Getting Taco and Belle! We'd only been married about a month and a half when we got them and by the first night, I was having a breakdown,... but I couldn't give them back and I can't resist their sweet faces and I love them more than anything!!
3. What indulgence could you give up for a year?
Pop! I'm working on it right now! I think it's been 3 months since I've had any pop! :)
4. If you could be a winged animal, what would you be?
I'd be a Dove! They mate for life and David would be the other dove!!
5. What is one question you’d like to see asked in a future MFF?
What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
I love ironing!! My great-grandmother was a professional seamstress and so I've grown up with the mentality that you iron every piece of clothing that is visible, including t-shirts! I know there are a lot of people who don't do this, but I LOVE to do it and find it super relaxing!!
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I can't pick just one! I have been very blessed to have such a close family on both sides! So, my childhood is filled with memories of love and laughter and I'm extremely thankful for that!!
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Umm, I've had a lot! I'm a huge clutz and very accident prone! David's favorite words are "Really, Sarah?!" My most recent would have to be me breaking my toe though! My sister opened the back door to let her mini chihuahua outside and her dog BOLTED after a rabbit. I was sitting on the bar stool yelling at her to go grab her dog and realized that Taco was waiting to run out the door too. So I jumped off the chair, took one step (still yelling of course) and then SLAMMED my foot in to my parents end table. I fell to the ground and didn't know whether to laugh or cry I was so humiliated and sure that it looked pretty freaking hilarious!! I tried standing and couldn't, and then looked at my foot and said, "That doesn't look right,... right?!" It looked like Spock's "Live Long and Prosper". My Dad and David rushed me to the hospital, cracking jokes the whole time about my toe and being in the emergency room when David gets home becoming a tradition! And then we watched Star Trek in honor of my broken toe! :) Gotta love my family!
4. What uniform of your spouse’s is your favorite?
I LOVE him in his ACU's!! I think he looks super hott in them! They're definitely my favorite!!
5. What canceled TV show do you miss the most?
I would have to say Friends and Boy Meets World. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED those shows and they hardly ever air Friends anymore... That and Cosby! I think The Cosby show is one of the most hilarious shows I've ever seen!!!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Our 11 month anniversary is today! 11 MONTHS!!! CRAZY!! Part of me can't believe it's almost been a year and part of me feels like we've been together forever! I know we won't be able to spend our one year anniversary together, but I'm excited to spend this day together! And we'll have some time during his 4-day pass to get away and celebrate our anniversary! So, I'm definitely looking forward to spending that time together, getting away, and eating our wedding cake (Although I plan to have a backup made just in case)! So yeah! Not too much today! Hope you all are having a wonderful Hump Day!